Enter the world of GDS
The General Family Documentation System - GDS, is the family system used by Spanish and English speaking families. It is based on the structure of two surnames and it
is multilingual (currently available in Spanish, Catalan and English).
His extended features make it a system that goes beyond mere genealogy, being the repository of all the family information, family structure,
and storage of documents, photographs, voice, video and media in general.
Regardless of the features that can be found in other genealogy programs, the following functions are, at present, unique in GDS:
- Using both last names. accepting Spanish, Portuguese (Surname reverse) and Standard naming conventions in the same database.
- Multilanguage dynamically Language change without stopping the execution.
- Analysis of surnames , to over 250,000 surnames, by the Melgar method.
- Calculation of the familial relationship between people, even distant relations, for multiple conjugal unions.
- Photo and Documentation Album. Each photograph or multipage document can have up to 1000 rectangles linking people of the database or other information.
- Thematic Album. Establishing a virtual hierarchy of topics which may include an unlimited number of photographs.
- Creating text documents (using your text editor, Microsoft Word ©, for example), voice files, pictures or input from the scanner, from any directory or from a digital camera directly from GDS.
- Create PDF or TIF. - Acceptance of any multimedia document as part of your database.
- GEDCOM file import (GEnealogy Data COMmunication), the standard of communication between genealogists.
- Export to GEDCOM files to be imported by other programs of Genealogy).
- Export to Text files to be exploited by other programs. (Eg Microsoft Excel ©).
- Creating your own Web with all or part of the contents of the database.
- Creating HTML page of a person.
- Send photos and reports by e-mail
- Graphics and listings of Ancestors and Descendants
- Graphics of people alive in a period of time and the number of alive Graphic
- Database Integration
- Function of integrating of duplicated people after performing a Database integration
- Management of Equivalences of names and places of birth and death
- Statistical Analysis of the database